Originally Posted by gwl
A pack frame for 300 dollars or the whole deal for 600 are you crazy is the dang thing made of gold. Some place in here you said something crazy like a reasonable price.

I think you should make a good profit but wtf.

This, is the "backpack hunting" forum of the "Campfire" and while many of the former and highly experienced posters seem to have left, those here are interested in serious backpack hunting and all that entails.

Some of the gear one requires to do this and I am not merely referring to packing out a Moose, on some crude frame, when you shoot it about 200 yds. from your quad, does cost a considerable amount. This, is due to the cost of the specialized materials, the relatively long "design and development" periods and the cost of the skilled labour needed to build gear to the quality required for this demanding activity.

My first impression of the prices asked for Paradox packs was/is how very reasonable they seem, relative to other comparable gear, but, I have been at this for almost a half century and learned the value of highend, seemingly "expensive" gear in the field.

YOU, may only require an inexpensive set of gear for YOUR hunting, although I understand that ATVs cost far more than ANY pack, but, most here come here to learn and one aspect of that is discussing the latest gear and in a manner respectful to others and the makers.

So, again, based on the comments here of people whom I trust absolutely, I would not hesitate to and, had I not some financial commitments at present, WOULD definitely buy one of the $599.00 combos.

I cannot recall seeing a pack that appealed to me so much at first glance as this one does, other than my NICE rigs. It looks like a real "winner" to me.