We had an unusually "bad" frost event here , in Sierra Vista, Az., and around the general western district, some recent years back.

Some valving, and "Apportionment" problems in the main NG line saw fairly large, and reputedly "Upscale" neighborhoods without Natural Gas service.

There were initial frost problems at some of the municipal pump stations. Think , "No speakee frezee", and a general paucity of basic Physics,......any gut therefor.

Without the forced air heat normally present in what I'd call the residential "Plastic Gin Palaces",.....the Water Company's flagging line pressure failed. Frost permeated poorly insulated outer walls, lines froze, and large blocks of homes were without NUTTIN'. eek

The well documented sequel to this MINOR event is what riveted me,....and attracted my somewhat morbid attention.

On the heels of this,.....ALL store shelves were virtually EMPTY of bottled water.

The crowds that had cleaned off the shelves re-formed again the following day,.......and there was NO bottled water.

Their's had all been expended FLUSHING TOILETS.

...we do have certain "standards" to maintain,....right ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain