[quote=kamo_gari]Friend, you need to try on some shochu/soju; get into character and all, wot? Kinda 'nasty stuff at first blush, but you'll likely get used to it some. Prolly. wink

Safe trip, sir. You going to be in some far off, inaccessible spot, or near Seoul? If the latter and are still around in a few months, maybe we can get together and share some grub. I'll try the BBQd pooch if you go first. Maybe. Assuming I'll be totally blotto, of course...

I will be in Geoje, off the south, an island of about 200k people. Upon first visit a few weeks ago it appears to be a "nice" little town. I have spent a fair bit of time down there in the past buying refinery equipment. Actually pioneering it some in 2000 when the US O&G industry was terrified to buy the hairy chit we buy from "them". "Them" delivered the goods and cost me less grief than the US companies I was buying from and, in particular unfortunately, the Texas based firms that woefully under delivered. Maybe bad timing, maybe not. The local firms were not delivering chit so I went overseas. A nemesis... grin Most of my time was spent in Ulsan. And yes, bulgogi shared with "shots" in other's glass of soju was the norm. In my trips to Japan, China and Korea clearly Korea was the "most" western. I just received an invite "To Meet Ed" at a "legendary" local place with my inherited team. Another adventure will begin. As usual, my American friends and family outside immediate think I am nuts. On the contrary, I dig this chitt. I am here living just once, so what's it gonna be?