I have seen clear ice on the roads a few times and it is very difficult to deal with even if one is experienced.
Tips:
Drive with one set of wheels on the shoulder where you are more likely to find some traction.
Drive WAY ahead of your car. Don't get surprised by someone else's mishap.
If something goes wrong in front of you, don't hit the brakes; hit the ditch. When in the ditch, get as far from the highway as you can to avoid getting hit from behind.
When you start to slide in your 4WD SUV, you are probably gone. Don't push it.
I have been on a road which was so slick my four wheel drive diesel would lose speed going up a very gradual incline. So slick that I could easily push the stopped truck around; if I could get traction for my feet, that is.
In truth, drivers in the north do not have to deal with extreme conditions such as those seen in Georgia very often. The roads in the northwest are usally kept pretty clear because everyone cries like babies if they are not. Fifty years ago, roads were not salted and the highways dept. did not attempt to keep them bare and dry all winter long. When we lived in northern BC back in the fifties, there were boxes of sand with a scoop shovel provided on hills for travelers to use if conditions were too bad.
Today, eastern Washington scools are closed or buses running late if they get 6 inches of snow. When we were kids, the lady driving our bus put chains on if it got bad. GD