Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
It's simply a textbook example of bad road conditions, an unprepared road crew and millions of people trying to get home at the same time. Remember the disaster on Lake Drive in Chicago a few years ago? Same schit.

I can tell which people on this thread have never lived in a city...north or south.

Yep. And Atlanta traffic is horrible on a good day in good weather! Add ice, then it only takes one or two knuckleheads and, wham, you have gridlock. Getting stuck in a traffic jam through no fault of your own doesn't make one an idiot. In ice I wouldn't drive across those raised viaduct roadways at the I85/I285 interchanges in my 4WD if I were the only one out there! I don't even want to think about it in "normal" traffic!
Thank goodness I don't live there. But I take a twice annual trip to Atlanta for business and have for over 15 years. I HATE driving in Atlanta. Wouldn't live there for love nor money...but I don't fault those who do nor condemn them all to the stupid camp because the city is ill-equipped to handle ice and snow.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com