Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by Scott F
You are right, I don't know the first thing about driving on snow or ice.

Not many OTR tankers out and about and I cannot see chain racks on the van.

Why don't you come on down & offer up your vast experience next time. I'm sure we could use a few more sanctimonious experts to guide us.

Retired heavy hauler, that is 26 wheels and 105,500 GVW. Drove the passes into BC and AB. Have driven for days without seeing a black road. Drove on black ice across those same mountain passes. Spent at least a thousand miles on the slush and ice in those pictures. Never in a ditch, never had to be towed, never had a moving violation.

The trick is I did it all the time. Learned to drive in those conditions. Not fair to expect folks who don't see that kind of weather but once every five or so years to drive the same way.

How many time do truckers on a southern rout hang iron? I have done it six times in one day and that is chaining six drive tires and two or more drags. Only takes about fifteen minutes if you know what you are doing. Not a sanctimonious expert, gust know what I am talking about and not convinced those trucks pictured were experienced snow and ice drivers.

Whatever, rookie. Your experience has nothing to do with this. Your input on something you've done professionally dealing with for decades is unacceptable. Those that have witnessed an icy road a few times in their lives and have seen a few inches of snow paralyze travelers, as it's not something they even get most winters? Well hell, THEY know what they're talking about!