Several years back my Crew and I were working in Little Rock, Arkansas, and the weather guessers were predicting ice. In fact it was moving up I-30 from Texarkana, and you could track the progress. This was on a Thursday and we would leave the Motel and go home the next day, so I called our office and asked them about checking out of the motel early enough so that we did not have to pay Thursday night, and just go home when the ice started. Their position was that higher up had said nothing about leaving early, so stay until you hear from us. When the ice hit Benton, just a few miles down the road, I sent the crew home, on that had to drive all the way to Ft. Smith, while I stayed for a while thinking that I would hear from the office. Never did. It started icing so I tried to head home and was in the awfullest mess that I ever saw. I was in a 4WD truck and could go anywhere I wanted, except for abandoned cars. I was in west Little Rock, which is hilly and people would spin a little, then get out, lock their car up and walk off. I did make it out of Little Rock, but I drove on sidewalks, up one way streets the wrong way for a little while, on the shoulders of I-30, in the median, just anywhere to get around the cars. They were doing the same thing on the interstates and people walking everywhere. There were people walking across the Arkansas River bridge in I-540 and there is nothing for a long ways after you cross the bridge. I don't know what people were thinking but it was the craziest thing I eve saw. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.