Originally Posted by Colorado1135
HAJ, I like you, but I think we're not seeing eye to eye.
now as you said and a few others previously, you had warnings but ignored them. granted you had your reasons, but this talk of "we never saw it coming" I don't buy it. I saw the weather reports here in south dakota, they told the south and east to brace yourselves for snow and cold headed your way. I get a strong impression from the news and on here that lots of people underestimated the storm from the average joe all the way to the governors. THATS what we're talking about. ma nature will rear her ugly head from time to time. we get storms like ya'll had often enough, hell we got 3" the other day and no one I talked to even mentioned the fact in passing. when you hear "bad weather is headed your way, it's a good idea to keep an eye on the sky and have a plan. that goes for tropical storms or blizzards.

What everyone from other parts of the country "piling on" can't seem to grasp is...
Yes, yes, YES, indeed the weather reports said we were going to get snow across the southeast. In my area, the forecast was that it was most assuredly going south and east of us(like what was said in Atlanta) At 8:00 in the morning, I dropped my little girl off at school. At that time the local radio station had a spokesman from the National Weather Service Office on the phone who was saying "only light flurries expected in our area, heavier snow passing to the south and east." One hour later it started snowing. Two hours later school was let out at 11:00. At 12:00 a school bus loaded with kids was rolled over.
We repeatedly get "chance of snow" in the forecast. Sometimes they cancel school over those forecasts and catch hell for doing so when the snow doesn't show up.
Of course the southeast had snow and ice predicted. But depending on where you were, the "local" forecast was saying "yea" or "nay" for that immediate area and THAT'S what screwed everybody up!

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com