https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...Bear_story_or_The_proper_way#Post8739123

I was glad for EVERY ONE of the 225 grains of solid copper bullet weight, and each and every one of my 3100fps muzzle velocity when I took the shot in the linked story above, which I just posted in the general campfire and general big game forums. The scene.... A VERY large, probably once in a lifetime for me, fat, bowlegged, male black bear. Quartering away and about to get away, 350 yards out.

I would not have tried this shot with a 223, 243, or any other sub 30 caliber bullet, and I was lovin my uberfast wildcat big 33 when the opportunity came along to poke this guy, and hard.

Ask yourselves after you look at my photos of this years bear and read my report if you would have made an attempted shot with a rifle that was much less than mine in power and capabilities.

What would YOU have wanted in your hands, with the always very real possibility of a less than ideal shot placement? And PA- LEEZE don't pipe up with that "I only take perfect shots" crap. Real hunting in the real woods, for really big and mature animals, does not allow that kind of selectivity.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500