didn't read 1/2 the posts but a "little/non-magnum" would have done JUST fine on that bear.

My problem is people need to start hunting within their limits, just because your rifle carries the energy for 500 yards doesn't mean that you are ethically capable of making that shot at a live target that is moving when you have 0 back-up for finishing the animal off in a timely fashion

I'm not going to say that i've never lost a game animal, or every shot was perfect, but i've taken those lessons analyzed them and try not to repeat them. Your post seems as though your only problem with the shot was you didn't compensate for bear's forward movement but I think there are more things to reflect upon, once again not trying to rip you down but just thinking the internet is not the best place to brag about leaving an animal wounded overnight seems like great fodder for the non-hunters to use about how bad we all are when you goofed up with a poor decision on taking a shot which once again we have all done