Originally Posted by hicountry
I've killed four...two with a bow, flinging 125gr thunderhead...both piled up real quick.

The other two were rifle kills....280/139 Hornie, '06/150 Grand slam.

Both bullets are still going....

Black bears are not hard to kill.

Guys shoot 600-700lb'rs in Pa, every year with .308's, .243's, shooting corelokts etc...

Tony

Yeah and guys in PA here wound plenty too because of those Core-Lokts. I've been on plenty of other guys blood trails in bear season, a number of which ended with no bear at the other end. I've noticed a trend during this time. And that is that guys love to use light for caliber bullets, Core-Lokts and Power shoks, and shoot bear in the shoulder. If guys wouldve just bought some Partitions I think more of them would have had bear rugs but Core-Lokts are "good enough" or so the thinking goes. Keep in mind I'm talking about bear drives here. Usually about 30 yard shots and usually on the move. Also most of the "marksmen" in question sighted in their rifles the day before bear season and that was the first they fired it since last year. Recipe for disaster. Still I think controlled expansion bullets would have upped the percentages.