Originally Posted by MojoHand
Boxer,

I've noted, and often mentioned to others, that with all the rifles/chamberings you have/had I most often see your .223 Montucky in tow.

I seem to recall something about 'you can't beat light done right' and 'boolits matter more than headstamps'. Just can't recall where I heard that.... wink

The irony is that it's proved by all the posts of kills made with 'inadequate' calipers/chamberings AND by the stories of schitty results with those who use 'enough gun'!

Guess I'll stick with my itty bitty inadequate .223 and un-suxed .308 with Scenars...

P.S. What kind of winch you got in your Tacoma??? laugh

Originally Posted by MojoHand
If I remember right, somewhere back in the archives one can find pics/info of Dober slaying a blackie with a .22-250. Clearly faked. Not on THAT hunt!

Mojo,

I've also noticed something here at the 'Fire... those that shoot the most, hunt the most, and kill the most don't shoot uber-anything. Funny because most every other forum would lead the casual observer to believe that an uber-something is needed to kill a prairie chicken.

I'm impressed that many here value shooting skill (and the practice needed to get there) along with time in the woods more than energy calcs or uber-chamberings. Shooting in volume, reloading, scouting, and hunting take time, a lot of time. Dwelling on foot-lbs, magnum cases, etc. seems more like a crutch for those that don't do the above.

Jason