Just wanted to thank most everyone on the great posts!!!

It may not be the rifle for a remote back country hunt or for me. However, until it is actually put to the test I won't know. on a side note, my Browning TI may not be the best either as the bolt is actually encased in a composite plastic. This was scary at first, definitely seemed like a strange thing to put on a gun of this magnitude! That gun passed the test!

Here is my logic on the weight of this gun. yes it is extremely light weight and may feel less durable, but this could be tested at the range far ahead of a hunt. Ounces to me are somewhat important especially for a solo trip. If all my gear weighed extra OZ. it could add up to lbs. yes I know I could compromise on a few important things, but when you are climbing a mountain to hunt this is important.

I have done remote hunts with archery equipment, which to me can be more sensitive than a gun. I took extra care. Just my opinion.

I am aware the barrels can be extremely sensitive, especially to heat on these guns.

I do like the Montana and is very close in weight, but I would like to give this gun a shot.

The Kimber Ascent is available on Gunbroker.