Originally Posted by UPhunter
Thanks rifleman

There seems to be one thing that is certain, that the Kimber M is popular, comparable in weight and accurate. I never once denied that.
I was simply looking at purchasing the Ascent. and its four offerings. I would like to try it with and without the break, and I happen to like the engineering of the rifle. It may or may not work out and I'm willing to fork out the extra bucks to try it. A rifle is an investment and most do not lose money when well taken care of. If it does not work out with this gun, I will definitely be buying a Kimber M.

I agree that there is a lot of great info on here and I learned much. also thanked everyone no less than two times on here. I made a statement about someone's disrespectful remark... we are all hunters on here... I don't think it appropriate to be bashing one another. while Brad made a statement about the weight, I threw a rock back at him to make a point...he also took it as disrespectful. looks like a lot of resentment from the people in MT... just saying, we are all hunters.
I know any of these rifles will be great, I simply wanted experience as I only have 2 out of 4 calibers. my original question was for accuracy and handling as some calibers can be a little fussy.

Thanks again

I don't think that any of the 308, 270, 280AI or 30-06 can be termed "fussy" especially with todays bullets.

Pick one and go with it. There really is no wrong answer.