Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by rifleman700

Now the comments about weight. Those who say that 4 ozs. of weight saving is not worth it obviously have not spent much time on the mountain. 1 day is not 10 days and every oz. does matter. Getting out of your pickup and climbing up the hill for a day is not a real high mountain hunt. A true high alpine hunt requires specialized equipment to be successful. My equipment and rifles differ depending on what and where I am hunting. My AZ elk rifle can be a little heavier because the physical requirements are not as demanding as my Utah mountain goat rifle. Spend some TIME on the mountain and then ask yourself if ozs. matter.

4 ounces doesn't matter.

And I've spent plenty of time in the mountains.

A little sensitive about the weight comment?? It was not directed at anyone in particular. If you had read the entire paragraph the point was that ozs. add up. 4 ozs - no big deal but when you start compromising, ozs. turn into pounds real quick. I noticed in Brad's pictures he was using what looks like a Montana. What was the reasoning there - weight??? If not then why wasn't he carrying a sendero? That is the only point I was making.

And to all, if uphunter does not take your advice who gives a rats ***? All of your comments and suggestions may help someone else.

Great discussion. I really like the pics!!