603Country,

I'd been posting almost exclusively for 12 years over at Accurate Reloading, but things got awful slow there.

I wandered over here and started posting regularly about 18 months ago.

My advice, watch, be patient, contribute where you can, establish credibility and create a niche for yourself.

There are a ton of resources other than a forum like this for education, and there's nothing like personal experience.

I won't venture to speak for others, but as I'm a gainfully unemployed, empty-nester that does not watch TV, I come here for entertainment and a way to occupy my time.

What's the old bromide, Mind over Matter. If I don't mind, it don't matter. Be secure and confident in your own abilities and don't take anything personally.

Pay your dues, PM folks, keep a confidence and don't whine or complain. I find that the older I get, the smaller my circle of acquaintences can become. I've made a number of friends over the last 18 months, have hunted with several and have four hunts lined up with members in the next 12 months.

It's a good place to hang your hat, buy and sell, and let off steam.

Coming from AR which was heavily moderated I enjoy the lack of a heavy hand.

And as to B,

I tell folks I wouldn't post half the stuff I do were it not for his gentle jibes.

[Linked Image]

and B, if you're still follerin' this thread, no worries, more Haybale and Crockett tall tales from the Petting Zoo are just around the corner. Dove season opener is the 1st. Hoglets, bunnies and birds, watch-out. Adult beverages will be quaffed, stogies turned to ashes and

[Linked Image]

innocent critters harmed. LOL

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.