Thanks shootem, you just convinced me to save myself and my dad, and lose beretta about 3 grand. I was going to buy a black bear in 9.3x62 and my dad was going to pick up an A400 shotgun tomorrow. After reading your wonderful experience with them along with the thread on the black bear having the same issues, I will not buy any beretta product again. I sent this link to my dad and he's likely going to pass on the shotgun as well. My guess on why they have so few 85s being sent in for repair is the way they responded to you, saying they will not accept if for warranty work. If it was me and I was treated like that, I would probably call the president of beretta, put the letter and a link to this thread up on Facebook and in every gun related website, and file complaints with the BBB. This could easily turn into a product liability issue if someone got hurt due to this well documented issue and got charged and hooked by a buff or shredded by a grizz. Guess having a deep pocket military contract has made them a bit insensitive to their customers. As soon as the mil pulls their heads out of their azzes and fields out troops with something other than the M9, this crap will continue with beretta. Look at colts wonderful customer oriented service (non existant) until they lost the M4 exclusivity. It's amazing how much friendlier to their customers colt has become since.

Good luck with your battle
Craig