Originally Posted by GaryVA
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by GaryVA

Several are attempting to help you out, while others are just bitching a moaning. I may have a need to be in North Carolina next month. I will know shortly. If so, I can offer to bring my own tools and some spare springs, along with solvents and lube. Maybe we can coordinate a meet and we can make a valid attempt to identify the problem and make a correction. However, I do not have any spare extractors at this time, so if that is the issue, I would not have that part on hand to replace.

I'll send you a PM by mid-next week and let you know if I will be in your state. You can then decide if you're interested.

Best smile

So tell me again, who is it venting?? Sounds like you have some hurt feelings over Sako's design fault being outed.

First of all this is not a second hand used rifle. I bought it new in the box. It is still unfired. And I made note of this previously.

I disassembled the bolt early on and the interior is clean.

G'night all.

Your memory is short. YOU wrote me asking for my help on this particular rifle, because you were unable to detail strip the bolt and you were unable to deduce the cause of your issue. This was not "early on" back in the beginning, but was recent. If you would take a step back and take a deep breath, I�d suggest you re-read my replies to you, as I did not belittle you and I was not argumentative. I was merely responding in an attempt to help you out.

To refresh your memory:

#9137919 (08/29) - You were unable to detail strip the bolt and could not figure out your problem, so you wrote me for help.

#9140244 (08/30) - I replied giving instruction on how to detail strip the bolt and to test for proper tension and to identify a defect in either the spring or the extractor.

#9157769 (09/06) - I noticed you continued your complaint over onto a new thread, so I wrote a follow up to ask if you were able to follow the instructions and detail strip the bolt to identify the problem. I asked if you tried the Gre-Tan, and gave you both gunsmith and non-gunsmith options to make a correction.

#9164421 (09/09) - You replied that you were too busy with pressing issues involving illness of a family member, and that time was not available to take it apart to inspect.

#9164477 (09/09) - I wrote back to express my sympathy, and I gave you encouragement to make the effort to detail strip the bolt, inspect and deduce the defect, and to make a correction, once the smoke cleared with the pressing medical issues.

#9173967 (09/12) You had yet to make an effort to detail strip the bolt, inspect, deduce, and attempt any of the corrections, yet you were still complaining. I felt sorry for you because of your family illness, and decided that I would fix the rifle for you and show you how it was done, being you were unable to do so. So I had reason to ask those questions to know exactly what you had done at that point, and to know what pieces and parts I�d need to bring. As example, I asked about a measured scope height in relation to mine, to determine if your scope was actually mounted lower. If your mounts were lower, I would bring a scope pre-mounted in optilock ringmounts to test. The only part I could not cover was a spare extractor, if it was determined yours was bad.

So it is now mid-week, and as promised, I came back to see if you answered the questions, and I read your above diatribe????

Well, all I have to say, You are quite a character, who is weaving quite a web of conflicting claims.

For the record, in the event you place the rifle for sale in the classifieds. You did not purchase this rifle new and you are not the original owner. An ATF trace will prove such, as this rifle appears sold two or three times over, with your purchase being made from a previous owner. If you had indeed purchased the rifle new and you were the original transferee, you�d likely be eligible for a refund.

I am sorry you mistook my attempts to assist you negatively, and I do wish your ill relative well.

Best of Luck smile

OH BOY, THAT is the best get [bleep] I have ever seen!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.