Hope things work out reference your sister-in-law.

If otherwise the rifle works well for you, and you can work the kink out, then when the smoke clears from your pressing problems, take the scope off and look at the ejection angle. Don't recall if this thread or one of the others, but if you read, the one guy claimed he traced his issue to the rifle ejecting too low, when it was striking the rail and then bouncing up. So, between your stated complaint of ejecting closer to the 12 oclock position, and his complaint of ejecting closer to the 3 oclock position, that covers the entire map.

As for UAE, I think he says "actions speak louder than words". He is a doer on the level of most extreme when it comes to hunting big stuff. He uses what works and he doesn't mince words when it comes to fluff from guys who tend to point fingers at everything but themselves.

I am confident if it were my rifle, I could deduce the issue that would cause the ejection to be either closer to 12 oclock, or closer to 3 oclock. When it comes to such production rifles, every single one you have noted, at times, has had feed issues needing correcting, being they are not hand fitted custom guns, but are production line mass assembled guns. Like UAE, I've run these Sakos chambered in 375, 338, and now 9.3x62, with total reliability. They fit me like a custom gun, and I continue to rank them as one of my favorite out the box production hunting rifles.

Good Luck smile

Last edited by GaryVA; 09/09/14.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood