What is the measured height from the firing pin at the chamber to the tube center of the scope?

Have you the skill to remove the extractor, spring and plunger?

Did you clean, inspect and lube these parts?

Did you prove or disprove your extractor claw was within spec having no defects at the claw?

Did you prove or disprove the spring was weak, or there was a defect such as machining burr or excessive old assembly lube causing the parts to be sluggish and hang?

If you determined the spring was insufficient, did you attempt to replace it with a stronger Gre-Tan?

So far, those who have experienced a perceived high ejection, and have taken those steps, have either completely corrected such ejection or have made marked improvements so that rifle is reliable. Worst case scenario for those, would be under hard forced ejection, one may see damage to case neck from hitting turret outside of chamber, but casing would eject. For those reloading, don't hard eject while shooting groups and save that for follow up shots while hunting.

Otherwise, as stated earlier, mine has a measured height of 1.55" and it properly clears. Again, mine was disassembled, cleaned, inspected and lubed. I did find the spring tension to be correct, in fact it was text book correct for the function of the claw extractor. If it were not correct out of the box, I see no reason why it could not be corrected. If you like the rifle in all aspects, except for you are experiencing straight up ejection, which is without a doubt, way out of spec. Then I would suggest getting it fixed and live happily with your rifle. I would care less about Beretta USA, as everything discussed so far as a correction can be done for little to no money spent. If you do not care about the rifle, and you just care to vent, then so be it, but at least make an effort for a correction. The time you've spent typing, you could have removed the parts and determined what is off to cause a straight up ejection. For that matter, you may even be experiencing too low an ejection with the case bouncing off the rail causing it to go straight up.

You can search videos and find scores upon scores of functioning M size action 85s chambered in long action having zero function issues. The few having issues are spotty at best, and often are the same few being retold. The vast overwhelming majority run well. You can search any production rifle for ejection issues and find complaints on every single last one. If it doesn't work for you, then get something else. If it does work for you and you'd like to work through your kink, then put some effort in that direction and less time spinning wheels to create smoke and noise.

A Winchester M70EW has a manufacturer price of $1200 vs. a Sako Finnlight having a manufacturer price of $1500. If the Sako better fits you and it works, it may very well be worth the additional $300, especially if you need to put work and parts into the factory Winchester. But, if it doesn't work for you, then there are many other options, just like boots and backpacks.

I've come to the conclusion that you are not trying to work through any kinks to vet your rifle, but you are merely venting because you've run into something you either did not expect, or you have some sort of opinion that a Sako rifle does not need to be vetted and that you should be able to run non-Sako parts to save money and not run into a hitch. You further expect an importer to fall to their knees and agree with you in writing over your complaints of a second hand used rifle. I'd forget them, and take the matter in your hands and attempt the corrections that have shown success. Very simple, few dollars spent. If they do not work for you, then the only avenue in which you are sort of screwed, is you bought a used rifle that is previously transferred. If you had purchased the rifle new, likely you could have had your money refunded and walked away.

Several are attempting to help you out, while others are just bitching a moaning. I may have a need to be in North Carolina next month. I will know shortly. If so, I can offer to bring my own tools and some spare springs, along with solvents and lube. Maybe we can coordinate a meet and we can make a valid attempt to identify the problem and make a correction. However, I do not have any spare extractors at this time, so if that is the issue, I would not have that part on hand to replace.

I'll send you a PM by mid-next week and let you know if I will be in your state. You can then decide if you're interested.

Best smile

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood