Sorry about the blow-up earlier. FYI here's the latest communication from CS. Only 1 work order in 4 years on my model rifle. Of course that may be because they don't issue work orders for this problem.

Subject
Sako 85 long action ejection

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (SG) 09/09/2014 01:08 PM
Hello Mickey:

I reviewed the service history on your model rifle for the past 4 years and found only one work order related to ejection issues in spite of the quantity sold during the same time period.

Although I understand your frustration, I believe that the issue remains as originally stated.

If you desire, you may send your rifle to Beretta for evaluation.

Best regards,

Beretta Customer Support

After videoing the ejection pattern with and without scope I'll send the rifle in for evaluation as they suggest so I'll have documentation. If it comes back with the same issue I'll video again to compare.

If there are still others out there with unresolved ejection problems on the 85M it would probably help we all complain at once. To contact them you have to register, sign in, then fill in the form. That's the easy part.

http://berettausa.custhelp.com/app/ask

edit: In the meanwhile here's somebody else's video of a similar long action problem even with a scope mounted fairly high and having standard turrets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7_1h1jeKuA

After viewing this and other videos it appears short action cases rise from the ejection port at the same angle but don't have the length to strike the scope before being pulled outward. I imagine loaded rounds, being longer still, will have even greater chance of ejection problems. Except in the case of a misfire in the field that probably won't matter because loaded rounds aren't generally ejected with great force.

Last edited by shootem; 09/09/14.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."