I hunted a private island in Florida for many years accessible only by boat. Other than a hunting lodge nothing else was on the island. I knew the Seminole Indians had visited the island possibly to hunt or have ceremonies of some kind. The owner of the island once took me to a circle deep in the forest with ancient burial mounds & remains of many fires. Many Indian artifacts had been found there & numerous pieces of pottery still existed. The place had obviously been where ancient chiefs or other tribal members were buried & ceremonies conducted. There was an eerie silence with only the wind blowing & I had this weird sensation that ancient spirits were watching me. The owner of the island was very religious & while he allowed the local Seminole tribe to visit each year would not allow the burial mounds to be disturbed. He felt ancients had chosen to bury their dead their & the burial mounds should not be disturbed or remains moved.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?