Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Back in 76 on a fishing trip in Baja we ran out of ice and had to drink warm beer.

Talk about scary!!!!

Then there was that time in 68 when we forgot the can of gas to get the fire started with. eek

Ha. That reminds me of a time in high school a couple of my pals and I took my families boat one Friday pm from Refugio to Rockport and put in. We went through the bays to the intercostal canal and headed toward Galveston. When we got to Mesquite Bay we headed south across it to the chain islands up the coast from Port Aransas and camped in some oyster shell islands near Cedar Bayou which ran a few miles to the Gulf of Mexico where many went by boat to camp and fish the surf. It was a long way to civilization.

On Sunday afternoon a boat approached from the direction of the gulf and ran up on the exposed reef. A few high school kids climbed out begging for water with swollen tongues.

They had ended their beer drinking extravaganza weekend after learning man can not live on beer and hot dogs alone.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.