Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
[The bottom line is, if you want to be a pussy, then you're free to do so. Don't condemn others who aren't like you.

I don't condemn them. But I have no sympathy for them if a cop acts pissed off and gives them a hard time (within the law) back. In fact I'm cheering on the cops. If someone acts like an azzhole to me I'm happy to return the favor and I expect no less from cops. Cops with New England Patriots balls are worthless.

Pissing off people who are trying to serve your interests simply to gratify your ego is what makes no sense.
Dude...what you don't get is anybody with any brains at all can see these stops are unconstitutional and thus, illegal. They amount to unlawful detention and harassment at best and at worst could be as abduction. Most of us are just so brainwashed to do anything anybody in authority says that we'd probably zap people on command if you remember the old psychological studies...or if you don't. Think about the whole dynamics of an interaction with the cops. Even if you look on it as some courts have-as being legal because driving on roads you paid for is a "privilege", it is at best a hassle. You are driving down the road, possibly to an appointment with your doctor or a job interview or just to work. You aren't speeding because you don't want a ticket but you were delayed at home by some last minute crap with your wife or kids-so you are running a bit late. Up ahead is some damned DUI checkpoint. So after not only being slowed way down, here is some guy with a badge asking not only are you drunk or high but do you have any contraband or weapons in the car? But hey, you're supposed to be overjoyed to see the guy. Most cops I've dealt with don't want terse courtesy. They want ass-kissed. Despite all the cops on here and their advice to kiss ass, you never know how to deal with one. Some of them like fear. Others think that by showing deference you have something to hide so that sets them off even more. Most of them will up the ante unless you are a kiss-ass. The bottom line is that the whole expectancy is [bleep] up. Cops should expect to be strongly disliked for holding somebody up and asking a bunch of questions that no sane person would answer affirmatively to regardless of their sobriety or lack thereof and regardless of whether they are not carrying contraband or whatever it is the popo look for. I mean, you get held up by somebody for no good reason why wouldn't you be mad? "They're just doing their job." So were the guards at the Nazi Extermination Camps. Maybe that's overboard but this is the truth.