Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
"Sleeping it off" takes on a whole new meaning when you're asleep at a green light with your foot on the brake.

I'd have no problem with the death penalty for DWIs. They're not accidents and they're 100% preventable, for those that care to. And that's what aggravates me about them. DWIs aren't crimes of passion or need, they're crimes of apathy.

Howdy again Fawkface,

Your arrogance and condescension are neverending and show many of us just exactly why it is that so many hate cops and will continue to disagree about their value and role in our society.

Lots of people are stalled at a green lights including those that are texting, cell-phoning, are on Prozac, and those that are eating a cheeseburger. Are you proposing the death penalty for those as well?

Contrary to what 99% of Americans believe due to the sheet presented on reality TV and in the press............there is no such thing as a legal limit in many areas. .03% can get you busted. If you blow over .08% it simply means that the cop does not have to demonstrate further proof. It doesn't mean that you can't be arrested. If you admit that you had a single glass of wine after work........and the overzealous cop successfully demonstrates that you were driving erratically and under the influence.......you can be convicted of a DWI. After all, it's only your word against the cop's at that point. Are you suggesting, BD, that cops who are always right such as those in this link can use their word against a citizen to get the citizen a trip to the gas chamber?

http://time.com/3667089/albuquerque-police-murder-charge-body-cameras/

Looks to me like YOU are the reason many folks hate cops. It's YOU.

Last edited by SBH; 02/22/15.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.