Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

The one aspect that I haven't seen mentioned is that "DRIVING" is a privilege & not a right Lots of people aren't allowed to drive because of mental or physical defects not even slightly related to DUI...DUI checkpoints an infringement of my constitutional rights??? Yeah...right.

I don't take issue with it based upon my driving privileges. I take issue with it based upon my 4th amendment CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT not to be searched or seized without a judicially sanctioned warrant with probable cause. Driving is NOT probable cause to think I've also been drinking.

The DUI checkpoints are an attack on driver's rights but peoples constitutional rights under the 4th.

You do not have rights, you have privileges. You sound less like a Conservative and more like one of the nutjob libertarian types that want to do away with firearms laws, force people to smoke pop whether they want to or not, and(perhaps worst of all) not allow exemptions for laws which is a form of anarchy.

Bullshit

You're wrong and you know it. I'm fine with a hell of a lot more freedoms when it comes to firearms. No clue what "smoking pop" means.

RIGHTS come from our creator. We have the RIGHT to be free. It's our RIGHT not a damned privilege to go about our business when there's ZERO indication we've committed a crime. DRIVING at NIGHT is NOT an indication of the commission of a crime.

You sound like a statist, not realizing you're EXACTLY the type that would be crushed immediately under a totalitarian government.

I suggest you spend some time in countries where people didn't recognize those RIGHTS a little and get back to us on just what is or isn't the proper role of the government.

Me