Originally Posted by Aught6
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by tjm10025

If the statute says "driving or in control of a motor vehicle" then you're screwed even if you're parked by the side of the road, sleeping it off in the driver's seat with the key in the ignition.

Probably misleading to call it Driving Under the Influence if you're going to get a Dooey for sitting or sleeping in your car while drunk.

Yes. It should be "Driving Or In Control Of A Motor Vehicle On A Public Road Or Parking Lot That Is Open To The Public While Under The Influence Of Alcohol Or Other Intoxicating Substance."

I agree on that one. If you got enough sense to park your ride and sleep it off you should not be screwed with. If you're driving hammered though, you made your bed so sleep in it. But don't forget that bit of discretion has been taken away from many officers in many places.

About the only laws I can think of that have had discretion taken away from the officer are those concerning domestic violence. But I am like you and I make things up to show support for police and other conservative groups so carry on.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn