Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by ldholton
Oh yes let's hear this story

I was treated poorly by Minneapolis PD after calling in an attempted carjacking while driving through a crappy neighborhood to get to work when I started work at 11pm.

Thankfully, there was a witness (lady behind me) who saw it all and also called 911 with the same version of events I gave the police.

It doesn't change how I was treated (in scrubs, in an ICU at my place of employment) for over half-an-hour before the a-hole cops figured out that I was not trying to buy drugs or something of that nature. Apparently they were REALLY pissed that I ignored the dispatcher's advice to stay on-scene (where an armed idiot may have just run off to get friends) and drove the four blocks to my work, despite the fact that I gave them good specific directions on how to find/get a hold of me at said place of employment.

I especially liked two things that were said to me:

1. Civilians shouldn't even be allowed to have handguns
2. If you are not willing to shoot someone, you shouldn't carry a handgun

Now, it doesn't mean all cops are going to treat me that way, but I damn sure am not going to assume MPD is my friend. Ever.

Let me play devial's advocate, First you say it was in a bad area , so the cops are used to all kinds of BS in that area,.Next you say you let the area when instructed not to do so.( yes I understand why you did and probably would have done the same) So what the cops new there was a problem in a bad area and all parties left the seen and they don't know you from adam . so yes they might be a bit short and "rude" till thinks get lined out