Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Hope it was the King James Version.

I hope it was the New English version, so folks could understand what it actually means... Thee and thou... you'd think we were still walking/riding horses....

Call me old fashioned, but I actually prefer the KJ version. Just what I grew up with, though I own several other versions.
But for a young kid say 10 or 11, I agree the New English version might be easier for them to understand.
Maybe the atheist Mom will be inspired by her kiddo reading the Bible, and start to read it too. Stranger things have happened, and The Lord moves in mysterious ways!

Not so much old fashioned as much as what you learned with.

I grew up in a LCMS school... I had this cool bible, had 4 texts IIRC< IE versions of wording in the same book. It was really cool to read KJV and then compare to other wording and actually helped make sense of the wording to me as a kid in the 70s.
But the pastor there hated that bible and was even of the opinion, if not LCMS, you were going to hell. Much like the church did not want you to attend if you didn't have suit and tie on. It made for some intersting conversations at school needless to say since we had all faiths involved at school.

IMHO if you believe, then God guides the folks that print these bibles. And we dont' use kings english etc... anymore. Plus the bible was not written in Kings English to start with anyway... so its all been translated over the years.

But folks can get really anal, when IMHO, the thing to do is step back and look at the intent of the Bibles words. Not so much the specifics. Was written as a guideline IMHO and there is a difference between that and a procedure.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....