Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

Your implication is incorrect. I said I interpret "Genesis" as both literal and figuratively. There is more in Genesis than just the creation account.

As pertaining to the creation account, where in Genesis does it say that Adam and Eve were forbidden from eating "a single apple?" This type of supposition is very telling.

Secondly, even if it were an apple, which you can provide no scientific of philosophical evidence that it was, your argument would not be furthered.

Eternal punishment was and is the consequence of disobedience to revealed truth from an eternal God.

I'm well aware the Bible just identifies it as fruit. We referring to an apple I was just using common parlance. As for what it says about my presuppositions, it actually says nothing about the way in which I actually interpretation of the Eden narrative.

Yet somehow, you still think this one act justifies eternal punishment. I'd say it's morality and ethics that are not your strong suit.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell