Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

Your implication is incorrect. I said I interpret "Genesis" as both literal and figuratively. There is more in Genesis than just the creation account.

As pertaining to the creation account, where in Genesis does it say that Adam and Eve were forbidden from eating "a single apple?" This type of supposition is very telling.

Secondly, even if it were an apple, which you can provide no scientific of philosophical evidence that it was, your argument would not be furthered.

Eternal punishment was and is the consequence of disobedience to revealed truth from an eternal God.

I'm well aware the Bible just identifies it as fruit. We referring to an apple I was just using common parlance. As for what it says about my presuppositions, it actually says nothing about the way in which I actually interpretation of the Eden narrative.

Yet somehow, you still think this one act justifies eternal punishment. I'd say it's morality and ethics that are not your strong suit.

How "fair" is it of you to judge God based on what some of His creatures wrote about Him thousands of years ago?

The wise, and fair, thing for you to do is to become acquainted with Him yourself before judging Him.

Well, lets be clear. Since I don't believe the Christian God exists, I'm not actually judging him, I'm judging the morality of the Bronze Age goat herders who wrote the Bible.

As for who am I to judge these goat herders? I'm an educated, thinking moral human who refuses to subjugate my morality to a superstitious, animal sacrificing, human sacrificing, genocidal blood thirsty primitives that imposes infinite punishments for finite crimes.

If he did exist, the judgement would still be fair, since this is his "perfect book", "directly inspired" etc... which mean nobody wrote anything about him, that he didn't want written about him, and if the Bible is not what he wanted it to be, then he's not much of a god.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell