Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by BCJR
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by BCJR
Here is my pre-64 featherweight in 308 , when the rifle came to me it had some considerable finish issues , one being a bad re-blue job , so we cerakoted it in midnight blue. The stock is a MPI, I began striping the layers of paint off it , got sick of doing it and just left it.
[Linked Image]

That's a damn fine hunting rifle right there. My buddy only uses 1 rifle, his 1955 308 fwt..

Thanks, I think after all my years of owning all the latest and greatest magnums and wisms and 5 lb rifles I have come to accept all someone really needs is a 06 or 308. Both calibers are just boringly efficient at putting meat on the table. Kinda like these pre 64's , hard to improve a masterpiece. You either realize these pre 64's were the greatest hunting rifles ever produced or your wrong smile

I agree. If you haven't tried a 270 fwt, I'd urge you to try one of those too. I have a 30-06 fwt and 270 fwt and the 270 shoots better consistently and it doesn't recoil as much as the 30-06. It's actually much more pleasant to shoot, probably more like your 308 fwt. I know my buddies 308 is a sweet heart to shoot too and it is damn accurate.

I hear you. Although I stand by a 06 or 308 I do have one of these , Guess I went the other way on the recoil spectrum:
375 classic stainless. Cut the bbl down to 21" fluted it and cerakoted the whole [bleep].The B&C stock has held up to north of 500 rounds so far.I guess its kind of a extreme weather only in 375 H&H. Like everything here it pretty much gets the crap beat out of it. But it kills Big things really well. smile
[Linked Image]