This is a great thread. I'm glad someone bumped it up again. Now I can post pics of some of the ones I got rid of and some I still have or newly acquired ones I'll show you guys. I know I've started threads on some of the newer ones I stole...

Pre 64 model 70 300WBY I bought last year (Aug 29) for $499.99:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Yes, I installed a red pachmayr. It had a worn out ventilated recoil pad on it when I bought it. I also glass bedded it and fine tuned the trigger to a perfect 2.5 pound pull. Rifle is a shooter and likes 180's and 200's:

Around the same time last year, I ran across a nice 30-06 fwt that I couldn't pass up at $475.00:
Yes, same treatment as the 300wby above. I also ran across a pristine fwt stock at a gunsmith's shop off the beaten path:
This stock fits this fwt like it was meant for it. It is also the same era as the rifle.

My latest pre 64 purchase was a transition model 375 WBY (rechambered H&H). I found it at a pawn shop for $600.00... We won't go into details about what it sold for on GB...
The stock was all original and probably worth almost as much as I gave for the complete rifle.. It is what it is though....

Here's one I sold less than a year ago. It shot ho hum and was chambered in a cool cartridge. Every time I shot it, I yearned for a rifle that would shoot the little cartridge better. Thus for that reason and that reason alone, I sent it packing...
I lucked into this rifle for a song. $800.00 as you see it pictured, plus I got 4 or 5 boxes of ammo with it. That was a while ago, can't remember. You think, that isn't much of a deal right. Wrong. Sold the scope for $350.00. Now you getting the picture. Still have some of the factory ammo to use in my new 7mm08. Those that say you can't buy a winchester model 70 as an investment are whacked...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA