I definitely see some 9mm testing in my future! I will want to see how they stack up against the Buffalo Bore 147 grain +P hard cast. This is the load Phil Shoemaker was using in his bear encounter.

Originally Posted by Yondering

As a side note, high velocity hard cast bullets can perform similarly to these Lehigh bullets, although not quite as impressive. I've been casting and loading the new Lee 95gr FN 9mm bullet (drops at 102gr for me) at 1500 fps; it doesn't do as much damage as the 90gr Lehigh but still a lot more than 147gr hard cast flat nose, or any FMJ, and still penetrates deeper than any of the popular 9mm expanding jacketed bullets. This one pictured was fired into water jugs at 1500 fps; it exploded the first few jugs and penetrated 5 IIRC, while my 124gr Gold Dot bullets are always stopped in the 3rd jug.

With the Buffalo Bore load mentioned above, I got a pass through of 6 jugs using a Glock 43, with the round veering to right and missing the 7th jug. With the Glock 19, the round passed through the 8 jugs I had set up for the test.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln