Originally Posted by SAKO75

so the assumption is, the phillips head mono causes a good wound cavity in ballistic gel thus it will cause as large a wound cavity in living tissue...

not really. Speaking for myself, my testing has been in comparison to other known good performers (124gr Gold Dot +P in my case). Meaning, if my GD load does X, how does this new bullet compare? Try them in a bunch of different conditions, not just in gelatin or water. Go shoot through some drywall, sheet metal, glass, denim, deer, pigs, coyotes, etc as well. No one test covers all conditions, just as no bullet is perfect for all conditions; that's why you have to choose what to use for the worst case conditions you might encounter.

If you don't think you can believe results of any of that kind of testing, you better question the testing done on whatever bullets you're carrying as well, because that's how bullet performance testing is done. You know as well as the rest of us that nobody's testing different loads by shooting people; that's a straw man argument.

I'm just trying to present my observations on these, not convince anyone to start carrying them. My only argument with people on this stuff is when they make assumptions without having tried or researched it themselves. If someone has different observations than I do from shooting these, they should definitely post them, please!

Last edited by Yondering; 11/03/16.