Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by SargeMO
The stretch you're observing from these Phillips bullets and the permanent cavity left in its wake, bears no resemblance to those caused by rifle service rounds, much less expanding rifle rounds.

Nobody said it does. Why would you think anyone here thinks that?

The mention of Lehigh's sub 2000 fps stretch cavity was raised...

They do cause a stretch cavity to some degree; so does any other bullet, of any design. That doesn't mean anyone thinks handgun bullets perform like rifle bullets, or that the stretch cavity is severe enough to cause permanent damage. I think you may be seeing what you want to see in this conversation, not what is actually being said, because you've already made up your mind on the topic.

I quoted what was 'actually being said' and explained my reason for posting. I have no problem with anyone else's opinion of Lehigh's ammunition or bullets. And no, I haven't decided quite what to think of them yet. Like some others here I'd like to shoot some critters, or see some shot with them, before I decide. I'll close my commentary on this topic with the following video link. Haven't quite figured out how to imbed these here yet.

https://youtu.be/betFqFCwcYo

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ