Originally Posted by 41rem
Used to run this 250 grain LBT on top of a near maximum charge of Hodgons Lil' Gun & a Remington 2 1/2 cap as my carry load in big black bear country....
Guess the powder has fallen out of favor due to its high working temperature & possible flame cutting. I never shot enough rounds to really heat my 657 up, the emptys would just drop out of the cylinder & primer edges were always rounded.
Good load IMO

i still shoot lil gun as my main .41mag powder in .41mag contenders; have 9 and 14" pistol barrels, and a 16.5" carbine.

In revolvers, i have gone back & forth between 2400, H110, and Blue Dot over the years, although i seem to recall Alliant saying to ignore all the previous data posted & stop using blue dot....

for hunting loads, i have used the now-discontinued Rem 210 JSP and the Speer 220's in the carbine barrel, and mostly used the
Hornady 210XTP and the Hornady FTX in the pistol barrels. ...the 9" barrel also likes the sierra 170gr.

i've shot assorted critters with the 210XTp's and had fine results with speeds ranging from 1000fps up to 1750 (.414supermag).....great deer bullet...

============================================================