Originally Posted by 41rem
Originally Posted by mart
The Lyman 410459 220 SWC (wheel weights and 2% tin) over 7.5 grains of Unique or 19 grains of 2400 or a 265 grain LBT WLN (50/50 WW/Linotype) over 20 grains of H110.

mart, I have that exact same Lyman mold a 2 cavity model, probably have 2-300 cast up & ready to go. Mine drop @ about 212 grains. Great looking bullet profile, pushing them with that 2400 loading, you worried about leading as they are a non gas checked bullet? Velocity?

It never leaded in my previous Blackhawk but it had been fire lapped and I've honestly never checked the velocity. I will have to do that on my next R&R. My current 41 is a 7.5 inch Bisley. I haven't done enough shooting with it yet to know if that load is going to lead or not. I do need to send the cylinder out to be honed as the throats are all .409 and the groove diameter is .410. Not a good combination for the best accuracy with cast bullets. I'll have it opened to .411. Out of a Ransom Rest at 25 yards it's running 2-2.5 inches with the Keith loads. After honing the throats and fire lapping I fully expect the groups to come down to sub one inch. I did run some old, straight linotype 265 grain WLNGC bullets through it and it shot them into just under an inch. The gas checked, heavy LBT bullets seem to be more forgiving of an undersized throat.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.