Two years ago I was fortunate to be able to pick up my first .41 Mag for a very reasonable price at a LGS Now, I enjoy Rugers and this certainly isn't my first, but S&W is my first love when it comes to revolvers and a model 57 or 657 had been at the top of my want list for quite a while. .41's NEVER show up for sale privately or in gun shops in our area, so when this 5.5" Redhawk appeared I immediately jumped on it, even if not only to "scratch the .41 itch" until I found a Smith.
My kids bought me a Weigand Weig-A-Tinny rail for (I think) Father's Day, and then a lucky "Buy-It-Now" deal on a Leupold M8 2x scope on eBay as well as a Hogue Lamo Camo grip (also found on eBay) rounded out the package.
Deer season has been pretty slow for us the last couple seasons but this last November I was given a good shot opportunity at this young 9-point. It was a great experience to be able to take him with my own handloaded ammo, a 215gr LSWC (cast and sold by Travis Frick with tbbullets.com, great stuff!) pushed by 19.1gr of H-110. It resulted in very little bruising and meat damage, too.
Next season my goal is to take a deer with my Ruger Bisley in .45 Colt (no scope, of course).
[Linked Image]