Originally Posted by Dogshooter
There was a situation last year during late season involving a herd of cow elk.... as my son flopped down and readied the .260, that scene at the beginning of Pulp Fiction popped into my head, and I literally said out loud: "We should have a Seven Mag for this schitt." In the end, it didn't work out... and a 7mm Mag would have made no difference. But, I found it interesting that for the first time I can ever remember.... I actually wanted more gun than what was at hand.

I've hunted elk with a .44 Mag, .30-30, .375 Win, ..257Roberts, .280 Rem, 7mm RM, .30-06, .300WM, .338WM and 45-70. With some I knew I was limiting my options using the selected cartridge. More than once I wished I had a cartridge with more reach. Most of the time I knew what I used wouldn't make a difference, but never once have I wished I had a less capable cartridge,

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.