Have a creed, recently picked it up here on the fire and bought some bulk Hornady 140 HPBT from Sportsmans, since I didn't have brass or dies. Tossed the factory stock, and bedded it in a mcmillan I had collecting dust, but have only played with it, pretty short range stuff. Killed two coyotes at 650 two weeks ago. If you're a coyote, and your buddy gets smoked, don't go back to check on him.

I've however seen more than a few (15 +) elk killed with a 260... one of the 260s used to be SHAG's. I seem to remember his offspring killing an elk with it.

140 NPTs, 140 NABs, 140 SGKs, 140 SST, 140 HIL, 140 AMAX. Most recently, a spike and a cow with 120 Accutip midway blems, that are SSTs with a gold tip, from a 16.5" barrel. Neither one took more than two steps, both were killed by my daughter. The last was a cow, and our last hunt together before she leaves for college. She spotted, stalked, and killed on her own. I was just along for the ride... she knew what to do, doesn't miss cause she's not afraid of it, and likes her gun.

Killing elk ain't magic. Elk wounded with schitty shooting certainly are, no matter how expensive, big, or fast the bullet.

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB