Originally Posted by Mule Deer
BushCaddy,

So you're saying you KNOW the 6.5 Creedmoor is too small for elk?--

"I don't have a Creedmoor but I have a cple of 6.5 Swedes but never shot an Elk with one."

"I shoot mid bores .. .338-06, .35 Whelen AI and 9.3.62"

No,I have not taken an Elk with my Swedes nor have I taken one with a .243. Others, unknown to me, apparently have. That does not necessarily mean either one is a good candidate for an all-round Larger Big Game cartridge.. if such a singular thing exists. I have taken Deer, Pronghorn, Caribou and BBear with the 6.5 Swede and it performed admirably an all occasions, as did a .30-06, .270 Win, 7 Rem Mag and 7 STW.

All I said was that the 3 calibers I mentioned in my post (.338-06, .35 Whelen and the 9,3x62) were far superior to the CM as dedicated Elk cartridges, as are many others chamberings. I have all three chamberings mentioned initially and use them regularly on all Bigger Game ..Elk and Moose in particular. Having hunted only in Alberta and British Columbia for over 50 years I think each of those three cartridges is a truly super performer in that application . I'll stick with what I said and observe while others try and prove out the Creedmoor as a viable Elk round. After all, that's where it all started ,wasn't it ?

That said, I have my copy of Gun Gack and note you make no mention of your Creedmoor being used on anything other than Deer and Antelope. I'm sure you have valid reasons for that. I also note you speak very highly of the three cartridges I mentioned as well ... so WTH gives with the tag-team stereotyping ? Maybe I should have used a Smiley.
Anyway, that's my take and thanks for asking.

When applied by competent people,with the right intent, common sense goes along wayt