Originally Posted by prm

Come on, .264 vs. .277! All the difference in the world! I read it here somewhere... whistle

Reminds me of a rather clueless except in his own mind coworker... a devout .270 fan, who got "really into reloading", sold the 7-08 youth model he had so they didn't need two sets of reloading dies and could all have the same ammo, and bought both his 10-12ish year old kids full sized, full length 270s.

He asked before an upcoming elk hunt what we were going to hunt elk with, since he knew we only had 260s. I told him we'd probably use the 260s and hope like hell the bullets didn't bounce off or just wound them. Guess which kids came home with two VERY dead elk, in two shots total, and which came home empty handed with stories of not being able to hold the guns up, not able to get on target, and then wounding and losing multiple elk when they finally shot? It's a common theme, even on tit tags for deer where a guy could sit in camp and drink until a doe walked by for his kids to whack.

I told that ignorant bastard we just got lucky, and seem to every year, and that we don't even deserve it cause I'm not living right anyway.

wink

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB