I guess my point is inside of 200 and if you really stretch 300 yards( elk are fairly large targets) the creed is fine. And the creed owner is far more likely to have extended time at the range than the win mag owner. Past that distance I would never argue that the win mag is not more capable to break an elk down, the fact is most out there have no business trying to reach out there. Target shooting is one thing, you miss just try again. Animals deserve better. Heck, we had a mild to moderate wind blowing left to right at our last shoot, I didn't compensate like I should have and my point of impact moved enough to take me out of the kill zone at 500. I held a 4-5 " group, but still would have blown a good shot on a deer sized critter. And I was on a bench, with lots of time, not shooting at the bull I've been dreaming of all year while planning a trip. Just passing on my experience and observations.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi