Originally Posted by T_Inman
I sure wasn't thinking that either by the time I finally reached the pickup with the second load, even though it was only 1.3 miles as the crow flies!

There is, however, a BIG difference between a 2 1/2 year old rag bull and a mature 6x6. I can get a raghorn or mature cow out in two trips normally (the femur and humerus are the only bones I carry out, and no hide). A mature bull??? it'll often take 4 trips, depending on how rough it is.

This is where you really need to look at the facts when it comes to anatomy on a big herd bull and a smaller rag horn. Chest width maybe a few more inches(mostly occupied by lung tissue) a couple more inches of muscle(if you hit shoulder and not rib) and maybe an inch more bone. That 6.5 is gonna penetrate just fine with its high sectional density on both, because even though they may weigh significantly more the herd bull doesn’t bring that much more tissue to penetrate on a shoulder or lung shot. I like to talk bullets and guns just as much as anybody here, but when the lead makes contact with the meat there are a lot of different clamberings that will get the job done.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi