Originally Posted by jorgeI
A couple of things. If I remember correctly, I DID encourage you to buy a double, but I definitively remember I mentioned my huge issues w my Sabbatti that I returned to Cabelas. It was truly a POS. That said, the folks you spoke to were supposedly "under new management" and assured the issues they had were resolved. Apparently not.

My friend, I know you know I was kidding you... I considered your questions about that maker very seriously, as we discussed at the time. The rifle I bought was NOT a POS... it was well made, and shot good groups off the bench. It simply wouldn't work for me from the shoulder.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
Ostensibly I agree with your premise that a SCOPED bolt gun is a better choice, but my next trip (date unkown) for buffalo there is no doubt I will take my double...and a scoped 375. Lastly, I hope Jeff (HATARI) chimes in, as with a dozen buffalo under his belt he can offer a much better opinion than I can.

I'm looking forward to Jeff's comments as well.

As for your choice of taking your double, I'm not questioning that choice! If I had your Verney Carron 450/400, I'd take it, too!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars