I'm going to be an observer on a cape buffalo hunt in Africa for the first time next year, but I've been told that a cull hunt in my price range is very probable.
Like other posters here, I can't afford to purchase a double rifle, but it would be a dream come true to have one over my shoulder for what could be a once in a lifetime hunt on the mystical dark continent.
I've been lucky to have friends who've let me shoot their double rifles over the years, so the double rifle bug has been growing in my system for awhile and the booking of the hunt has only made it worse.
Since I don't want to have to sell body parts or prized firearms to be able to afford one, I made the decision to build a double rifle conversion after many hours of research and deliberation.
It'll be chambered in 585HE, a cartridge I've become very fond of, have been reloading for and is more than capable of taking down any animal on this planet with a well placed shot.
After reading several books on the subject and acquiring the needed parts, I should have a tested and reliable double rifle ready for the hunt.
I've been building rifles for awhile now and I think building and hunting with a double rifle in Africa would fulfill my dreams, especially if I'm lucky enough to be able to take a buffalo with it.

If Nobody Cares about Winning, Why Do They Keep Score ?
VL