Originally Posted by satx78247
Ed,

You have a valid point. = I do sleep quite close to a certain lovely YL with blue eyes AND she can outrun me, too.
("Dee" is about 1/2 my age & quite petite. = Like dynamite, some powerful things come in small packages.)

Fwiw, I likely will shoot mostly smokeless in the DR. = Saves a lot of cleaning.
(The 11.15x60R mm, as it is known abroad, was loaded between 1900 & "the end of the run", circa 1936, with a "bulky" smokeless powder.- I don't know what powder but I'm told that "the usual early 1900s load" was a case-full.)

Inasmuch as you seem to know considerably more than I do about .43 Mauser, I would like to "pick your brains" on MAKING cases.
(I'm way too CHEAP to pay over 3 bucks each for cases, unless I have to. - I "heard through the grapevine" that reformed, trimmed & fireformed .300 Win Mag and/or .348 WCF cases will work.)

yours, satx

satx, you might look up 'sharps4590' here on the fire and send him a message. He's in Missouri. If I remember, he has/had a double in .43 mauser and made all his own cases, etc.

He went over yonder way