Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by jorgeI
The number of PHs, whose primary job is to protect the client when things go south, almost to a man, prefer a double.

Bell still had to protect himself, his trackers, gun handlers and many of his african hired helpers from a range of DG threats on
numerous occasions. he successfully did that while also accumulating hauls of ivory..If a SxS was necessary for such tasks,
he would have employed one.

...Bell was not a PH, he was an ivory poacher...

If prefer to call Bell a commercial ivory hunter.... He succesfully negotiated with remote region tribal chiefs to gain permissible access
to lucrative elephant grounds, I would not put that in the category of 'poaching'. Such remote zones were largely unregulated by
colonial gov... In regulated regions indications are he did obtain the required licenses and obeyed elephant hunting season laws....
again, that is not 'poaching'.

"Passing over to the english side if the Nile, I occupied myself as well as I could obtaining my two elephants allowed
me on my Uganda license from ther sporting herd of cow elephant which then haunted the Gondokoro region.....I fell in
with them only a few miles from the post and manged to kill two passable herd bulls".

- (Bell of Africa p.105)

"Having entered my rifles at Lado and cleared them through the Doune, it was not necessary again to visit a Belgian post.
So when hunting season opened, I already had a herd of bull elephant located. Naturally I lost no time when the date arrived,
that is, the date according to my calculations. This matter is of some importance, as I was afterwards accused of being too
soon. I may have begun a day or even two days before the date, but to the best of my knowledge it was the opening date..."

-(Bell of Africa p.106)

he lost count of how many elephants he lost when he was going after large quantities of ivory.

Which Bell publication and chapter is that from?

Isn't the internet wonderful?..

It was your peabrain weird science internet posts claiming animals can be 'shocked to death' by using larger calibres. almost as funny
as your wacko claim the Twin Towers melted because Boeing 767 carried several hundred thousand gallons of jet fuel...the rational
minded truth is that fuel did not melt beams and B767 has max fuel cap.approx. 23,000 gal ...and nowhere even near that on the day.

Some people with intoxicated imaginations invest smoke and mirrors spin into double rifles like they do terminal ballistics and Sept. 11.

Bullshit, butthole. My reference to shock was dealing with CATS and deer with high vel SMALLER calibers. And on BUFFALO, there IS data to support that a heavy bullet driven FASTER (as in a 400gr 416 at 2350 v 2700) DOES have a definite effect on them. As to your idiotic interpretation of the towers, the reference was to fuel in POUNDS, STUPID. Also, my initial comment was meant to address the overall weight of the entire aircraft. But for the record, how many hours of multi engine jet time do you have and how many safaris have you been on? Proof required of course, otherwise FOAD and stick to cutting and pasting your garbage elsewhere.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”