I've only checked out a few Sabatti's that were a total turds. The list is long of Sabatti owners that cant get them to shoot well. Should be able to get a Chapuis used for under 5K if you look around. It should be a much higher quality gun. I had one in 9.3 that shot decent. Only got rid of it as a 375flanged in a Heym popped up that I could not pass up the deal.

Recently had a 400/360 nitro come up for a good price that I have been playing with. So back in the 9.3 game for the moment. Sweet shooting small double.

I agree with the others, If a double does not fit it will be a miserable experience. There have been some very good deals popping up for British guns this year. (Many too short for me) That would be my recommendation if you find one that fits and shoots well.

I personally have no desire to hunt Buffalo/Elephant ever again with anything but a double. Yes you will loose some shot opportunity but I personally prefer to have to get closer for the shot. Much more enjoyable to me. The one buffalo I shot with a scoped rifle at 70 yards was my least favorite. Just seamed too easy.

Last edited by Mckay; 08/21/17.